You are invited to join us for the final paddle of the year to celebrate World Rivers Day in Elkin as part of the 2017 YADKIN RIVERKEEPER TOUR with Indera Mills.
Paddle Crater Park to Mitchell River (6 mi), followed by an afternoon of wine and bluegrass music at Carolina Heritage Vineyards. Food, wine and beer will be available after the paddle. The TOUR raises money for Yadkin Riverkeeper, allowing us to run education programs, conduct research and champion legislation that protects our waters. Sign up for paddles; then, collect pledges of $100 or more for a chance to win fun prizes* at every paddle on TOUR.
At every paddle on TOUR, we look for a limited number of volunteers to assist on LAND with registration and driving boat/people shuttles; and on WATER with boat safety (must be a good swimmer and familiar with water safety and first aid). There are steeply discounted paddling rates if you would like to volunteer. These positions go quickly, so sign up early.
If you are a student over age 8 years, we offer discounted paddling fees.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS WHO MAKE THE YADKIN RIVERKEEPER TOUR POSSIBLE.
All paddlers must register. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Paddlers with their own boats are charged a $35 fee per person per day to cover insurance, shuttle, processing fees and entry to post-paddle events. If you have paid your Yadkin Riverkeeper Membership Fee ($25), the fee to paddle is $28.
- Don’t have a canoe or kayak? Yadkin Riverkeeper has negotiated preferred rates for kayak rental (holds one person, $37 per day) or canoe rental (holds two people, $49 per day). Rental charges are in addition to your entry fee.
- Music starts at 3PM. There is no fee, but donations are enouraged! Join our clean water campaign and get an annual membership to Yadkin Riverkeeper for $25 to help keep our river clean! There will be food, wine, bluegrass music and fun!
IMPORTANT FOR REGISTERED PADDLERS:
Paddlers meet at 1PM at Carolina Heritage Vineyards, 170 Heritage Vines Way, Elkin, NC 28621
Note: Personal Flotation Devices (PFD's) are REQUIRED for all paddlers. PFD's are included in your kayak or canoe rental; however, if you are supplying your own boat, please bring a PFD. All paddlers are required to sign a waiver; if you have a minor child, the waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian.
HOW TO GET THERE:
- US-52N to South Key Street in Pilot Mountain
- Take exit 134 from US-52N
- Take NC268 W to Hertitage Vines Way
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR:
- Clothing for the weather (layers are recommended)
- Water shoes
- A dry bag for items you don't want to get wet
- Bottle of water
- Snacks for you that include protein - power bars are good choices
Questions: Contact Katie Wilder, 336-722-4949, firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: All Yadkin Riverkeeper Paddle Trips are subject to change. Times and availability are flexible due to weather, flood gauges, and other circumstances beyond our control. Please allow extra time based on river conditions. All ending times are estimates. Yadkin Riverkeeper Paddles are alcohol-free. Please keep in mind that paddle trips average 3 miles per hour once on the water. Early arrival does not ensure early departure.
* More than $100 must be raised per paddle (not cumulative over multiple paddles) to qualify to win prizes.