You are invited to join us as part of the 2017 YADKIN RIVERKEEPER TOUR in Elkin.
This paddle takes you around one of the most beautiful small towns in America. Paddle from Ronda to Crater Park (6.8 mi) and enjoy the river’s beauty. The TOUR raises money for Yadkin Riverkeeper, allowing us to run education programs, conduct research and champion legislation that protects our waters. Sign up for paddles; then, collect pledges of $100 or more for a chance to win fun prizes* at every paddle on TOUR.
At every paddle on TOUR, we look for a limited number of volunteers to assist on LAND with registration and driving boat/people shuttles; and on WATER with boat safety (must be a good swimmer and familiar with water safety and first aid). There are steeply discounted paddling rates if you would like to volunteer. These positions go quickly, so sign up early.
If you are a student over age 8 years, we offer discounted paddling fees.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS WHO MAKE THE YADKIN RIVERKEEPER TOUR POSSIBLE.
- Indera Mills
- WFDD-FM Radio 88.5
- WKZL-FM Radio 107.5
- Feisty PR
- Childress Vineyards
- Carolina Heritage Vineyard & Winery
- Foothills Brewing
- Ilderton Dodge Chyrsler Jeep Ram
All paddlers must register. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Paddlers with their own boats are charged a $35 fee per person per day to cover insurance, shuttle, processing fees and entry to post-paddle events. If you have paid your Yadkin Riverkeeper Membership Fee ($25), the fee to paddle is $28.
- Don’t have a canoe or kayak? Yadkin Riverkeeper has negotiated preferred rates for kayak rental (holds one person, $37 per day) or canoe rental (holds two people, $49 per day). Rental charges are in addition to your entry fee.
IMPORTANT FOR REGISTERED PADDLERS:
Paddlers meet at 1 PM at Crater Park in Elkin NC.
Note: Personal Flotation Devices (PFD's) are REQUIRED for all paddlers. PFD's are included in your kayak or canoe rental; however, if you are supplying your own boat, please bring a PFD. All paddlers are required to sign a waiver; if you have a minor child, the waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian.
HOW TO GET THERE:
- US-421N to North Knobs.
- Take exit 82 from I-77N
- Continue on NC-67W. Drive to Standard Street in Elkin.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR:
- Clothing for the weather (layers are recommended)
- Water shoes
- A dry bag for items you don't want to get wet
- Bottle of water
- Snacks for you that include protein - power bars are good choices
- Camping gear
Questions: Contact Katie Wilder, 336-722-4949, email@example.com
Disclaimer: All Yadkin Riverkeeper Paddle Trips are subject to change. Times and availability are flexible due to weather, flood gauges, and other circumstances beyond our control. Please allow extra time based on river conditions. All ending times are estimates. Yadkin Riverkeeper Paddles are alcohol-free. Please keep in mind that paddle trips average 3 miles per hour once on the water.
* More than $100 must be raised per paddle (not cumulative over multiple paddles) to qualify to win prizes.